Now behind a cut, in case this gets long:
1. Please be aware of the tags already in use, and create new ones or apply old ones accordingly. However, stuff happens, so in the case of redundancy in the form of similar concepts (the example that came up was 'Onesided' versus 'Unrequitedlove'), pick the tag that has been used the most and rename the less-used tag to it.
2. When you come across re-posted prompts from earlier parts, tag it as REPOST so that we can find it again later and cut down on repeats.
3. This probably should have been put in place earlier, but better late than never! When you come across fic posted for part one (which is closed) on later parts, there are a couple of options.
If the poster has included a link for the original prompt, ideally we should switch the bookmark for that unfilled prompt thread from the "unfilled" to the "filled" delicious account, and include a link to the fic in the notes section.
If, however, there is no link to the original prompt, add the "REPOST" TAG to the bookmark on the filled delicious account. This is mostly just a way of finding it again, for now.
4. Unfilled prompts include those prompts which have had responses saying things like "claimed!" and "working on this!" and "on it like a boss". As long as there is no actual fic in the thread, and no link to fic in the thread, it still counts as unfilled.
5. In prompt threads in which someone (not the author) has left a link to a fic claiming it "fits the criteria", use your own judgment. If the fic truly does fit the prompt, you can go ahead and put it as filled; if, however, it does not appear to match very well, leave it as unfilled. If you're unsure, you can also leave a link here and/or check with a fellow indexer. However, basic rule of thumb: if you're at all dubious, leave it as unfilled.
Any other suggestions, questions, or quibbles? Leave a comment here!